Tabbed Window for Multiple Drives

Everything related to MakeMKV
CraigT

Tabbed Window for Multiple Drives

Post by CraigT »

Would you consider adding tabs to makemkv for each drive so I can use multiple drives at once in a single window?

Each tab could have the following info:
1. The drive letter
2. A progress status such as a percentage
3. A green/yellow/red light to indicate normal progress, workarounds and failures. The drive letter or progress percentage or tab or a simple dot could be used. Failures could blink until the tab is selected.
There could be an option to open all available drives at once.
Multiple windows (10 in my case) use up a lot of screen. Selecting each drive one at a time to get started takes a minute. Ejecting a disc and setting up a new one gets confusing.

This would also help identify the drive in each window while the movies are being saved. The source info is displayed, but with 2 sets of 5 similar drives I can't determine the drive in each window without positioning the windows in a certain style.

I replied to another post, but will still ask if makemkv could support dark mode.

I do appreciate the substantial and continued enhancements of makemkv over the many years since I first started using v1.8.8.
geos_one

Re: Tabbed Window for Multiple Drives

Post by geos_one »

yes this would eb a great addition. i ould also love to see this.
jinx100

Re: Tabbed Window for Multiple Drives

Post by jinx100 »

This would benefit commercial users but just add more complication for the average user. A better choice would be to develop a separate program that would monitor and display the progress of each instance of MakeMKV. You should offer some prize to entice a developer for this new application.

Other ideas:

A "compact" window for MakeMKV that just shows percent completion you can arrange on your desktop. Or, easier, does MakeMKV already show percent done if you close the window to the task bar?