Purchased MakeMKV for $60 But No Key Received

Everything related to MakeMKV
Boink

Purchased MakeMKV for $60 But No Key Received

Post by Boink »

Hi,

Is there a significant turnaround time between an online purchase and when the key as actually issued? If so how long does this take? There is some urgency here and I wasn't expecting a delay.

I'm accustomed to online software purchases being automated and instantaneous, but I'm wondering if this is an entirely manual licensing process. Is this the case?

I made my purchase an hour ago via PayPal and PayPro Global, but I've received nothing yet. And yes, I've checked all spam and email filters.

I've already emailed support@makemkv.com, and I'm next going to call PayPro Global (the fulfillment gang?) to see what's happening.

Any information that you - the hive mind - can offer would be welcome.

Thank you very much.
Woodstock

Re: Purchased MakeMKV for $60 But No Key Received

Post by Woodstock »

You should have received an email to the address you gave in the purchase, usually within minutes of placing the order. Some vendors classify them as "marketing" messages (also referred to as "spam") and route them differently from normal. Have you checked your spam folder?

I have mine within a couple of minutes, but the payment company has changed a few times in the time since I bought MakeMKV.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Boink

Re: Purchased MakeMKV for $60 But No Key Received

Post by Boink »

I had to actually call PayPro Global in Toronto (+1-888-317-4868) to have them send my key email. Not ideal.

Got it a couple of minutes ago.