Some Chapters Off showing previous scene?

Everything related to MakeMKV
jinha

Some Chapters Off showing previous scene?

Post by jinha »

MakeMKV is a fab program which essentially does exactly what the title says "makes mkv's" but theirs one problem in regards to the chapters. Some chapters seem to show the a second or two from the previous scene. I know makemkv makes every chapter work on a i-frame and that if it isn't the program will re adjust so the chapter is on an i-frame causing some chapters to start earlier than their supposed too. Would their be a way of just leaving the chapters exactly as they are on disc as other programs work perfect in regards to the chapters, but for me MAKEMKV is the best imo so I really would like to find out if I can leave the chapters as they originally came. Any help would be appreciated, cheers.
Woodstock

Re: Some Chapters Off showing previous scene?

Post by Woodstock »

Are these older titles, especially DVD?

I've found that selecting by time (the way most disk are done) will put you a second or so prior to the actual start of a video within a track. The title starts on ##:##:##.##### in a file, but the closest actual full frame is several before that point in the file, so your player jumps the to closest frame.

It happens a lot on older titles (DVD and BD), less frequently on BD.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
dkangel

Re: Some Chapters Off showing previous scene?

Post by dkangel »

hello

I have the same problem with every rip i make.
Some chapters is a little too early so you see some images from the previous chapter.
My Solution is to import the corresponding mpls file in the chapter section of mkvtoolnix and save it to the mkv created by makemkv.