HELP - unable to open .bdmv index files

Everything related to MakeMKV
GreenBlood

HELP - unable to open .bdmv index files

Post by GreenBlood »

61EFDD43-C2E1-4080-8098-F8B84ABCF33A.jpeg
61EFDD43-C2E1-4080-8098-F8B84ABCF33A.jpeg (158.63 KiB) Viewed 1824 times
Hi all, i have 2 pcs and both have suddenly started with this issue where I can browse to the index.bdmv file, but makemkv does not do anything with it. The files are stored on my hard drive, i don't use an optical drive.

Does anyone have any clues about what go on? Something with windows has changed I suspect for both PCs to be affected like this?

I've allowed the program through the firewall. Debug log shows nothing at all. I've instaled the latest buld and still no joy.

I've scoured the internet but still no joy. Will post a video on youtube of whats happening. I've used makemkv for years with no issues and I'm a paid up owner too.

Cheers

Steve
Woodstock

Re: HELP - unable to open .bdmv index files

Post by Woodstock »

When opening a copy of a disk on a hard drive, you need the information MakeMKV generally collects from the Bluray disk, if there is any encryption on it still. You did remove that in the original copy-to-disk that you did, correct? If not, you'll need the decryption file...

Is it just one "disk" that's a problem with both computers, or multiple disks?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
GreenBlood

Post by GreenBlood »

Hi, I’m am using bd25 nzbs with Sabnzbd. The index. bdmv file doesn’t open in Makémkv like it used to for years reliably. This is with multiple index.bdmv files from many different files and on both pcs. It’s odd as the file name does not show in the file dialog box once selected like I believe it used to. Although the file looks completely normal in a normal window explorer dialogue.
GreenBlood

Post by GreenBlood »

I tried opening the file in notepad and this is the kind of thing shown -

INDX0200 N " >@ @ @ @ @ @

Is typical of the contents of a bdmv file or are mine corrupting?

thanks
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

You're opening a binary file in an ASCII program... You are NOT going to be able to read it. So, "Yes" is the best answer we can give you.

None of these files are going to be generally readable by text programs.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging