How to tell which episode is which when using makeMKV on tv shows?

Everything related to MakeMKV
jmichael99

How to tell which episode is which when using makeMKV on tv shows?

Post by jmichael99 »

sorry if they has been asked before, I did search for awhile before posting

Im working on some movies and wanted to know a way to tell which episodes are which so I can label correctly?

Example breaking bad desk 1. the first episode is easy its longer the the rest. The rest are all 48mins so its hard to tell which is which. Any websites out there to help make these ID's?
Ananais

Re: How to tell which episode is which when using makeMKV on tv shows?

Post by Ananais »

I believe MakeMKV will number the output files in the order they appear in the selection list, which AFAIK is the order that they are read from the disk. In my experience this is generally the correct order as far as episode number.

I know some shows did have a different episode order on TV vs on the DVD's, I used to use thetvdb.com back when I used xbmc as it would give you the aired and DVD order. Past that though, I don't know any way of checking the output file order vs disk other than opening them manually.
robmead

Post by robmead »

This is probably the long winded way but ... I backup the disc, then load the "index" file, MakeMKV will then show the episodes in order. When I rip directly from the disc they are not always in order.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

I check every one, because I know some companies do NOT put things on the disk in the same order they were broadcast, and use the menus to sort them on playback. MakeMKV normally puts things up in the order the file appears in the disk, not according to anything else.

I've had series where the files were scrambled the same on every disk, something like 6, 5, 1, 2, 3, 4, and naming them had to wait until they were ripped and checked.

But USUALLY a series will have the same line-up on all episodes.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging