Video colour correction - MKVToolNix?

Everything related to MakeMKV
ben_uk

Video colour correction - MKVToolNix?

Post by ben_uk »

Hello,

I was wondering if the newest version of MKVToolNix has the ability of performing a mild colour correction for a film? I saw in the V0.70 changelog that it had new colour abilities but am unsure what that means.

Any ideas? Thanks,

Ben.
ben_uk

Re: Video colour correction - MKVToolNix?

Post by ben_uk »

Forgive the thread bump, but does anyone know if it’s possible to do minor colour corrections in this way?
dcoke22

Re: Video colour correction - MKVToolNix?

Post by dcoke22 »

I think this is the bug fix description you're talking about:

Code: Select all

MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: color parameters that are floating point numbers (minimum/maximum luminance, projection pitch/roll/yaw) will only be set to a value during identification if the identification actually contains the property, and not to 0 anymore if it doesn't.
The only tool that seems to have anything to do with color is mkvmerge. Either search for the word color on that page or look at section 2.8.

I don't think the MKVToolNix tools are what one would use to make adjustments to color in video. MKV files are just a container and are more or less agnostic to the format of the video inside them. The MKVToolNix tools are intended to manipulate .mkv files. To adjust the color of a video you need tools that work with whatever video format you have.