HL-DT-ST BD-RE BU40N USB MODEL MD-8107-U3 ARCHGON

Everything related to MakeMKV
simonpeterjames

HL-DT-ST BD-RE BU40N USB MODEL MD-8107-U3 ARCHGON

Post by simonpeterjames »

:D Hello every one...

Can I just say at this point, that I am completely out of my depth, regarding my Blu Ray player. I would would also like to respectively ask, if this is the correct place to post regarding my queries?. If I upset any one with this post, please accept my apologies in advance.

I can not play any copy right Blu ray disks (I mainly watch music concerts)?. I also can not
list the file index. Nothing!.

I have the following spec.

An Acer Aspire Laptop
8 Intel Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.8GHz
12 GIG RAM
I have dual boot WIN10 HOME/WIN11 PRO for o/s

Any advice, no mater how small would be truly appreciated,

with thanks, Simon
simonpeterjames

Re: HL-DT-ST BD-RE BU40N USB MODEL MD-8107-U3 ARCHGON

can I just say, that I am capable of following very complex instructions, that do not need to be a step by step. just a nudge in the right direction is all I am looking for. I will trade you windows network problems of your own, for some support for me on my blu ray player.

;---]]
Ananais

Post by Ananais »

I have to preface this by saying that I do not use Blurays;

I do remember reading some articles going back a bit about issues with UHD disks only working if you met a silly list of requirements though, however I also seem to recall that MakeMKV added something which worked around that issue... Perhaps it is an option which needs to be enabled or some such?

Only really mention this in the hopes that someone who actually knows what they are talking about could elaborate (Or just tell me I am talking rubbish!).
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

How do you try to play blu-rays?

If you have a license for MakeMKV you can use the integration with VLC to play blu-rays. Is that what you're trying to do? Or something else?
simonpeterjames

Hello everyone, and an even bigger hello to the peeps that replied to my question.

Ananais

Can I just thank you for your input. Nothing that you have to say is rubbish (and I mean that).
your answer was very much appreciated, thank you, have a great day.

dcoke22

"....If you have a license for MakeMKV you can use the integration with VLC to play blu-rays..."

Now that sounds great, thanks for the info., I had no idea you can do that. YES!, I took the
plunge and purchased a licence for MakeMKV. I purchased the beta version, and, because its a beta, the licence never expires..!!!.

Any way the final answer came from a friend. I had no idea how sensitive Blu-Ray disks are.
you just know what I am going to say next, hmmmm?. Well after 3 long days, it came down to one thing. There were a few finger prints on the reverse of the disk. I gently cleaned it and VOILA, it played the disk. Now I know what you are all thinking, why not try a different Blu-Ray disk?. Well I only had the one, and it just didn't occur to me to buy another.

The new Beta MakeMKV software ripped a Blu-Ray in 19 mins. 26 seconds (again a friend helped me optimise the drive for me).

A lesson learn't, so BEWARE..!!!
simonpeterjames

dcoke22, thanking you for the VLC integration. WOW, outstanding.!, thanks for the knowledge my friend. i could have missed out on this had you not of been so kind to tell me. i am now a very happy man. just a thought dcoke22, i am running makeMKV on server 2019. it basically beats the living day lights out of Blu-Ray burning, WOW!. :mrgreen:
simonpeterjames

if you need to burn your mkv files to DVD-R (stnd. 4.7 GB), head over to 'freemake'. The only component you need to purchase is the remove branding. Just tried it out, and the disk plays as a DVD!. Great gift to!.

Hope some one finds this interesting?.. :mrgreen:
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Out of curiosity, why burn your rips to a DVD? Most people are trying to get the bits off a plastic disc so they can stop using plastic discs.
simonpeterjames

thanks for the question. I don't use DVD's my self. I burn the occasional DVD for my elderly parents. They never go out, and like something new to watch on their DVD player. Have a great day.. ;--} :D