15 days ago Been thinking of getting a Blu Ray Drive for some ripping

Everything related to MakeMKV
shigeo

15 days ago Been thinking of getting a Blu Ray Drive for some ripping

Post by shigeo »

With the MakeMKV and LibreDrive, is the BDR-XD07UHD a pretty aggravation free drive as seems to be from what I am reading, or am I wrong?

been long time since I been in the ripping scene, DVD Decrypter, lg firmware riplock removing, days of Netflix and reauthor / compress to 4.5gig blanks so basically 10 to 15 years ago, I guess. So, I am old man now, only have a few blu ray over the years.

With the MakeMKV and LibreDrive, is the BDR-XD07UHD a pretty aggravation free drive as seems to be from what I am reading? No firmware hacking etc.? I basically have Vinegar Syndrome and other 80s made to blu movied, but A-team tv series having a new Blu release I am really itching to getting it and digitizing to plex library to replace my dvd rips, also it being UHD I guess I could rip some of the Vinegar Syndromes that are coming in Blu 4k now Cloak and Dagger for example and the beast master I already have.

I like most people build my machines in cases without 5.25 bays so external best for my occasional use.
dcoke22

Re: 15 days ago Been thinking of getting a Blu Ray Drive for some ripping

Post by dcoke22 »

Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated 2022

The flashing guide has the list of recommended drives. The Pioneer drives generally work without any firmware flashing. There are sellers on this forum that can sell you a flashed and tested drive if you prefer.