MakeMKV Trial Period

Everything related to MakeMKV
Takisis666

MakeMKV Trial Period

Post by Takisis666 »

I just downloaded the newest version and when I run it I receive the message that the evaluation period has expired, shareware functionality unavailable. In the past I have been able to download the new version and been able to use the program. Please help.
d00zah

Re: MakeMKV Trial Period

Post by d00zah »

FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.

Note:

Embedded key in download would the current beta key at time of release, set to expire... "until end of July 2022".

This has never been a precise date & IMO, should be interpreted as "... sometime before the end of...". It may be that time has come.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Takisis666 wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:23 pm
I just downloaded the newest version and when I run it I receive the message that the evaluation period has expired, shareware functionality unavailable. In the past I have been able to download the new version and been able to use the program. Please help.
No, these are two different things.

If you are using MakeMKV only for DVD (no Blu-ray, no UHD), then you can use it without any license key whatsoever. The only requirement is that you have to use the latest version. If you don't, the program eventually would give you "I'm too old" message. In this case downloading the latest version solves the problem.

Anything but the DVD - the Blu-ray, UHD, HD-DVD, BDAV is paid functionality. You have one time trial period of 30 days to test all functionality for free. The program would clearly ask you before starting a trial period. Once the trial period is over, the only way to use MakeMKV for Blu-ray and friends is by entering a license key. The program remembers the trial period between versions, and it cannot be reset. As of today there are two options to get a license key: (1) buy one, and (2) - get a free beta key, which itself has its expiration date. The beta key expires at the last day of the month.

The paid license key also removes requirement of running the latest version for DVDs.
hinchy56

Post by hinchy56 »

Does having the trial affect submissions to the svq@makemkv.com being processed at all?

eg. i sent thru MKB20_v76_The_Hobbit-_The_Desolation_of_Smaug_(Theatrical)_78F5.tgz 10 days ago but still cant decrypt, so wandering if its being ignored because I'm still on the 30 day trial.
Znullptr

Post by Znullptr »

It's not the end of the month _quite_ yet, beta key I find for this month won't even start a beta.
Also got failed proxy install , (needed admin install? filter driver?)
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

hinchy56 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:01 am
Does having the trial affect submissions to the svq@makemkv.com being processed at all?
No, absolutely not. Keys are usually processed in a day or two, please send the dump again with a note or link to this post, you likely have some other decryption-related issue.
hinchy56

Post by hinchy56 »

mike admin wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:13 pm
hinchy56 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:01 am
No, absolutely not. Keys are usually processed in a day or two, please send the dump again with a note or link to this post, you likely have some other decryption-related issue.
Sent again, subject is "Fwd: MKB20_v76_The_Hobbit-_The_Desolation_of_Smaug_(Theatrical)_78F5.tgz"
Thanks mike.
hinchy56

Post by hinchy56 »

mike admin wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:13 pm
Hi Mike any update on this? I got a replacement of the film and it still does the same thing.
mbmast

Post by mbmast »

mike admin wrote:

"As of today there are two options to get a license key: (1) buy one, and (2) - get a free beta key"

Ok, how? There is no Purchase on this site and from the application, when I click on Help > Purchase, it just takes me to the download page, not the license purchase page.

How do I buy a license?
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

mbmast wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:27 am
mike admin wrote:

"As of today there are two options to get a license key: (1) buy one, and (2) - get a free beta key"

Ok, how? There is no Purchase on this site and from the application, when I click on Help > Purchase, it just takes me to the download page, not the license purchase page.

How do I buy a license?
This is what happens when you jump straight to the end of a topic... mentioned above.

FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.

When you click on the "buy your own permanent key," link, you are sent to the main purchase page (as with 'Help > Purchase'). There, when you click on:

'In order to purchase MakeMKV please visit a following order page.'...