Can MakeMKV use .mpls files?

Everything related to MakeMKV
tkmops

Post by tkmops »

Normally, I open MakeMKV, 'file', 'open' files', double click on the 'index.bdmv' file of the movie, then MakeMKV loads all the files. I search for the largest one, and extract that.

But, for one movie there's 224 'titles', the largest being 3.7GB(which is too small for the movie). In the comments section of where I got the movie, someone said '00223.mpls' should be used.

How do I do that? When opening MakeMKV to the 'PLAYLIST' folder, there's no files displayed.

Can MakeMKV use .mpls files, or do I need another program?

Thanks!
dcoke22

Re: Can MakeMKV use .mpls files?

Post by dcoke22 »

After you've opened a disc (or a backup) and you see all the titles on the left, if you highlight one, in the 'Info' box on the right you'll see a bunch of details, including 'Source file name:' which contains the .mpls that defines that title.
thetoad

Re: Can MakeMKV use .mpls files?

Post by thetoad »

makemkv doesn't allow us to use mpls files directly. If you want to use an mpls file (for instance makemkv filters that playlist away from some reason not simply based on the user controllable length filter), then you would simply load it into mkvtoolnix and use it there (after making a full disc decrypted backup)