MKV

Everything related to MakeMKV
Predator66666

MKV

Post by Predator66666 »

Hi!
I love this little Programm and it does verry well.
I've just the Problem it does not rip every Movie.
As i tryed to rip The golden Compass(Bluray) and i started makeMKV,
many Errors has appears and they didn't end.
I has stop ripping after remaining Time was more than 12 hours.
Anyone has an Idea :?:
I've the same Problem with some other Movies too!
But the Programm is great, quick andy easy, i love it.
this fiew Film that don't work i will decode with an other tool,
mayby in the Future MakeMKV can do this Movies rip too.
Woodstock

Re: MKV

Post by Woodstock »

"Lots of stuff happened. What does it mean?"

Well, what EXACTLY happened? What you've presented so far could mean that the disk is screwed up, or that you tried ripping it as a tomato, rather than a disk.

So far, you are the only one with a possible idea of why the disk failed, but you haven't presented it to anyone around here yet.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Predator66666

Post by Predator66666 »

Hi!
Sorry my English is not as good as is should be.
I thought my description was good enough.
What happens is, it stuck after a short Time and many Errors occour
The Remaining Ripping time Increase from 20 Mins. to more than 12 hours, after this i stopt the Process by myself.
If you want, i could send a Screenshot!!!
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

A screen shot of what the errors are would be fine, or a copy of the log. You do know that MakeMKV can create a log file, correct?

It is possible that the error log will tell us what the problem is, or give a good indication of what is causing it. If you are seeing a lot of read errors, for example, it could simply be that you have to clean the disk.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Predator66666

Post by Predator66666 »

Thanks for answer!
I'm a home theater freak and in my
Home theater is all clean (clinically clean).
After each home theater session, the
Devices cleaned by myself (including Blurays).
I don't believe that the Disc is Dirty or scratchy,
because it runs in my Oppo BDP - 105d Player perfect!!!!
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

MakeMKV goes to great lengths to make an exact 1:1 copy of the disc. It verifies the hash codes included on the disc to make sure it is making an exact copy. There are lots of threads on this forum talking about the various ripping errors people see. A collection of those errors can be found in the rip errors thread.

A common theme is the optical drive failed to correctly read the optical disc. When this happens, MakeMKV does a number of retries and if it still can't be correctly read, MakeMKV throws an error and the rip will fail. Some discs are dirty in a way that is visible to the eye. Some discs are dirty in a way that is invisible to the eye. Some discs, in my experience, just don't seem to work in some readers. I have three optical drives so as to be able to try a different drive when I have a disc that won't rip in my 'main' optical drive.

That a disc will play seemingly perfectly in a blu-ray player is of little consequence. Blu-ray players are designed to ignore read failures and keep going. At best, the read failure will be unnoticed by the user. Even if the movie 'skips' for a second or two because the disc is really in bad shape, many users won't mind. MakeMKV doesn't tolerate any read failures of any kind. A very small subset of users are infuriated by this, but most people appreciate knowing that if the rip succeeds the copy is good.

I've taken brand new discs out of the shrink wrapped package and put them directly into my optical drive for MakeMKV to rip and had read failures.