No video

Everything related to MakeMKV
raptorrich

No video

Post by raptorrich »

On various BR and 4k discs, they appear to rip without issue but there is no video for the main title. This occurs in playback via Vlc and Plex.

I’ve tried the disc in two different libre drives and a stock Blu-ray drive with same result.

Most discs rip fine.

Running windows 10
MakeMKV ver 1.16.7

Thankyou
jinx100

Re: No video

Post by jinx100 »

More detail on what you are trying to do, please.

If you are making a MKV of one playlist, it may be possible to expand that playlist and de-select the video track and then make a "no-video" copy. What does VLC or MKVtoolnix say about the structure of your MKV file? Does it include a video track and what type? If so, does the video play if you remove the audio track(s)?

Show us an example of expanded MakeMKV playlist of one BR disc which fails.
raptorrich

Post by raptorrich »

Thanks for the reply. A couple things I don’t understand.

But to start with,…. I just checked the American Gaffitti rip that prompted this post. I didn’t delete the files in case y’all had questions!

And today it plays fine?!?!?! So now I’ll go back and rip others that didn’t work for me before and see what’s happens.

But in response to your reply; What are “playlists”? I’ve seen that referred to with researching this issue .
raptorrich

Post by raptorrich »

As far as what I am doing. I’m just putting disc in, creating a file folder for on my NAS, selecting this fine and hitting “Make MKV” button to rip all files MakeMKV sees.