Is it possible to add a Pause function?

Everything related to MakeMKV
dmacleo

Is it possible to add a Pause function?

Post by dmacleo »

I did search a bit but didn't see this mentioned.
every now and then ability to pause would help me, not sure where best place to post request was so thought general was best spot.
thanks.
TheCrazyCanuck

Re: Is it possible to add a Pause function?

Post by TheCrazyCanuck »

I'll second that. I'm often ripping 5-7 movies at the same time and being able to pause during the scan phase would be handy when I open multiple instances of makemkv too fast and they end up fighting over the same drive. So when that happens it would be great if I can pause some of them let the other instances perform their scan faster.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

TheCrazyCanuck wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:23 am
I'll second that. I'm often ripping 5-7 movies at the same time and being able to pause during the scan phase would be handy when I open multiple instances of makemkv too fast and they end up fighting over the same drive. So when that happens it would be great if I can pause some of them let the other instances perform their scan faster.
There is a "single drive mode" setting for that. This way each MakeMKV instance is locked to a specific drive...
TheCrazyCanuck

Post by TheCrazyCanuck »

Thank-you Mike, I didn't realize that's what that setting is for. I wish I asked about this years ago since I think that setting has been around for a long time :)