Issue Ripping Star Wars The Complete Saga Blu Rays

Everything related to MakeMKV
erzeek

Issue Ripping Star Wars The Complete Saga Blu Rays

Post by erzeek »

Hi all, I'm having a strange issue ripping these blu-rays. I've done so much searching but it seems like I might be the only one having this issue. It does not matter what disc or what file I am ripping, for some reason every file has absolutely no dialogue, or if it does it's really quite. And I know some people have had issues with alien subtitles - that's not what's happening to me, I just don't hear any dialogue.

I played this on my blu-ray player and there were no problems, so I'm thinking this might be a problem with maybe the set or makemkv? I just ripped 4k No Way Home today and didn't experience any problems, so I don't think it's my drive. These are really old blu rays probably from 2011 when this was released, so maybe it's the set.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
d00zah

Re: Issue Ripping Star Wars The Complete Saga Blu Rays

Post by d00zah »

What are you using to play back the .mkvs?

Have you tried another player?

It's possible that the player you are using does not include the necessary codecs. Try something like VLC, which includes most common codecs.
roldogg

Re: Issue Ripping Star Wars The Complete Saga Blu Rays

Post by roldogg »

I ripped every disc in the UltraHD box set, but when I went to play them, I discovered they were all in a different language except one. Only Attack of the Clones came out in English. I usually just select the first one on the list, but apparently I'm going to have to try something different.