1.16.5 not using output path in preferences (win x64)

Everything related to MakeMKV
troublecluster

1.16.5 not using output path in preferences (win x64)

Post by troublecluster »

I have recreated what looks like a bug on two different Windows 10 based computers. Even when the output location is set in preferences the default path in the application is still used and has to be changed manually every time I want to save to my preferred output location. The same behavior occurs even after Makemkv is restarted. I believe this issue started in 1.16.5

Are any others experiencing this? Thanks!
Woodstock

Re: 1.16.5 not using output path in preferences (win x64)

Post by Woodstock »

What do you have set in Preferences->Video? The destination setting is two parts that are combined.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
troublecluster

Re: 1.16.5 not using output path in preferences (win x64)

Post by troublecluster »

Under Video was set to Auto (which was the default setting after I installed Makemkv).

I just now tried with Semi-Auto under Video (with the root directory I want to use in the field below custom). This appears to do what I was expecting. In my case it would be D:/BDROM/ which now more correctly resolves to D:/BDROM/Name_of_Disc/ after the disc has opened.

Maybe I missed a change in a release note but in a decade of using MakeMkv across Mac and PC I only recall ever having to change the Makemkv data/output directory location and it worked out the subdirectory naming itself.

Thanks for the pointer, I will report back on whether this is sticking after I go through a couple of new blu-rays I have here!