Is there a site that lists audio and subtitle tracks?

Everything related to MakeMKV
macdev

Is there a site that lists audio and subtitle tracks?

Post by macdev »

This is something I've wanted to do for a while - clean up my MKV files. I rip every movie I have because I despise menus and waiting for discs to load, but the downside is that the rips are very generic. Instead of "Stereo", I'd like to have "commentary by...", and for the Star Wars discs, I keep thinking I selected the right default subtitle track until I see "Burtt" because it's really the track for showing who's talking on the commentary track.

I tried thediscdb.com, but it's not correct/complete. Their listing for Star Wars, I would expect, would like "commentary speaker" or something, but all it lists are languages without context such as "English default".

So is this something I have to do on my own, or is there a site that properly breaks down discs and their content?
mreedelp2

Re: Is there a site that lists audio and subtitle tracks?

Post by mreedelp2 »

For forced subtitles, this is pretty good. It isn't 100% accurate, but close enough. It is enough to help you know which movies have them. Just check your movies against the list--it all depends on how you ripped yours as to which number subtitle is forced. Yours might be different; quite a few of mine were.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... k/htmlview#

I've never seen anything similar for audio tracks.
watchy

Re: Is there a site that lists audio and subtitle tracks?

Post by watchy »