Any other program like BatchmakeMKV?

Everything related to MakeMKV
Ferrett1983

Any other program like BatchmakeMKV?

Post by Ferrett1983 »

Whilst browsing the forums I noticed a program called BatchmakeMKV and it looks exactly what I'm looking for. Only problem is it's no longer been updated from what i see so I'm just wondering if theirs another program like that which is more up to date and is still getting updated?
d00zah

Re: Any other program like BatchmakeMKV?

Post by d00zah »

Bear in mind that these tools are usually just front-ends for MakeMKV functionality & MakeMKV is regularly updated. That said, try any one of the several available on this forum & see how you make out.

In the past, I've used MakeMKV-Batch-Converter w/ good results... but the source link has since changed to MakeMKV-Batch-Converter on github. The only problem I ever had was an occasional failed queue entry, which subsequently succeeded when re-queued. YMMV
Ferrett1983

Post by Ferrett1983 »

I like the program and it looks like it will do everything I need but the program fails when a queue of movies are lined up. It will do single movies fine though. Its a shame theirs no more updates
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Kinda spoils the whole 'batch' concept...

Using the version I have installed, I just...

- dragged a folder of .iso files into the tool
- made sure to 'check' each item in the list I want (no 'check all' option) to convert
- 'start' processing the queue

Seems to work as advertised...
Ferrett1983

Post by Ferrett1983 »

d00zah wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:20 pm
Kinda spoils the whole 'batch' concept...

Using the version I have installed, I just...

- dragged a folder of .iso files into the tool
- made sure to 'check' each item in the list I want (no 'check all' option) to convert
- 'start' processing the queue

Seems to work as advertised...
I'm not sure what the problem could be? I just dragged and dropped folders rather than ISO files and just kept getting the message failed to convert which wasn't ideal. Really wish the program was still being developed as theirs definitely a space for MakeMKV batch software.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

After you drag/drop the folder, did you 'mark' titles in the list to add to the process queue? Seems to work for me??

QueueSel (Small).jpg
QueueSel (Small).jpg (37.16 KiB) Viewed 4908 times
Ferrett1983

Post by Ferrett1983 »

d00zah wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:46 pm
After you drag/drop the folder, did you 'mark' titles in the list to add to the process queue? Seems to work for me??

QueueSel (Small).jpg
Basically what I do is add the folders to the queue and then sort out what I'm keeping and what I'm getting rid of and then when I'm finished I tick the first file and that starts converting and then I tick the rest of the files so their ready to remux.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

MakeMKV Batch Converter does not seem to support special chars like German Umlauts; titles with them will be skipped.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch