Different angle on bluray

Everything related to MakeMKV
vetting

Different angle on bluray

Post by vetting »

Hi.

What do I do when I get different angles on a bluray (See picture). Which is the right one?
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (276.23 KiB) Viewed 6931 times
Ezatoka

Re: Different angle on bluray

Post by Ezatoka »

Do the angles have different segment files?

It could be, that in the movie there are signs and alike which are shown in the language of the audio track.

So let's say Segment 1, 2, 3.

And Segment 2 is natively in English. It could be 1,102, 3 for another language, and the middle part is a little scene of the movie, where the sign in a respective language is shown.
vetting

Post by vetting »

I didn't get any of that :/

If I expand the title in MakeMKV, I see all languages and subtitles are the same. But it is probably not what you mean?
Ezatoka

Post by Ezatoka »

If you select one of the titles, you see on the right side of the window the segments from which each of the titles is made.
vetting

Post by vetting »

Se picture. All have same segment count, but different segment map.
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (151.5 KiB) Viewed 6919 times
Ezatoka

Post by Ezatoka »

Great. Now take a look into the streams folder. There you will find probably a very big 00800.m2ts file, which is I would assume the main movie.

If you now play and compare 00882.m2ts and e.g. 00886.m2ts I would assume, you will find what I talked about, like a different movie name display.
vetting

Post by vetting »

Where/How do I axcess the stremas folder?
Ezatoka

Post by Ezatoka »

Ah I'm sorry. It is a folder on the BluRay itself (bdmv/streams). But you can't play the m2ts files directly from the BluRay as they will be AACS encrypted.

I would assume, the first title with the appropriate size is English language.

If you want to be very sure, make a decrypted backup of the movie onto the hard disk, then play the m2ts files to find out.

Afterwards you can tell MakeMKV to open files manually and guide it to the BDMV directory, then you don't have to rip the disc twice to get MKVs
vetting

Post by vetting »

When I get back from work, I will make a backup of the BR and check it out.
vetting

Post by vetting »

Ezatoka wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:22 pm
Ah I'm sorry. It is a folder on the BluRay itself (bdmv/streams). But you can't play the m2ts files directly from the BluRay as they will be AACS encrypted.

I would assume, the first title with the appropriate size is English language.

If you want to be very sure, make a decrypted backup of the movie onto the hard disk, then play the m2ts files to find out.

Afterwards you can tell MakeMKV to open files manually and guide it to the BDMV directory, then you don't have to rip the disc twice to get MKVs
Thank you Ezatoka :) I got it to work by making a decrypted backup of the movie and played the m2ts files. Now I can rip the right track :)
Ezatoka

Post by Ezatoka »

Glad I was able to help :)
Johnny34

Post by Johnny34 »

I'm guessing if you looked at your last title of 39.6 GB, it would have been the .m2ts file, and MakeMKV can show the file name in the Title Information.