Manual download of new BD-Data?

Everything related to MakeMKV
Rayxcer

Manual download of new BD-Data?

Post by Rayxcer »

Hey guys,
I've got a bit of a unusual question (at least I think it is):
Is it possible to download the new BD-Data (which you need to read new Blu-Ray releases in MakeMKV) manually instead of going online with MakeMKV?
I have that I part-times are at an appartment where I'm unable to get my PC hooked up to an internet connection.

I'd prefer to download the data in a Zip-File or something like that, since I can do that on my phone (The reason why I do not want to use a hotspot is simple: Windows [and all it's many bandwith and data-budget-hogging application as well as it's "features"]).
jinx100

Re: Manual download of new BD-Data?

Post by jinx100 »

It used to be that you could download makeMKV.com/svq/dsall.svq but I just checked and that file is the same size as one downloaded a couple years ago. I believe MakeMKV can handle any BR by itself now and the auto download is more for UHD disks. Someone will correct me if this is wrong.

To control Win 10, look at O&O Software's Shut-up 10 application.
Rayxcer

Post by Rayxcer »

Okay? Thank you for that information. :)
I had the problem that MakeMKV is unable to read some Blu-Rays a couple of times now, although I'm uncertain if they were UHD-Blu-Rays or not.
It would be nice if there's a way to download a new version of that file or a new file, if that's what MakeMKV uses for those Blu-Rays.
preserve

Post by preserve »

On its own, MakeMKV supports the latest version of AACS, which is what you need for Blu-rays.

UHDs are a different story, as every new UHD requires data to be downloaded. However, if you cannot connect your PC to the internet for even a few seconds to force MakeMKV to get the latest data it needs upon startup (by deleting _private_data.tar, generally in C:\Users\You\.MakeMKV\), MakeMKV does still support the keydb.cfg method... of which everything you need to know is described here.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
Rayxcer

Post by Rayxcer »

Hey there,
I'm sorry for my late reply, life and stuff, you know.
So, just to get this right, the file called "_private_data.tar" in the MakeMKV data folder is holding the data?
Could I just ask, for example, someone at home to fire up my Desktop PC, go online with MakeMKV and send me that file (via eMail or an IM-Service like Signal?
Or should they send me the entire folder? Wouldn't that be the best way?

Thanks for the hind with the "keydb.cfg"-stuff, I'll look into it. :)