Pioneer BDR-XD07TUHD capable of ripping 4K?

Everything related to MakeMKV
ancient

Pioneer BDR-XD07TUHD capable of ripping 4K?

Post by ancient »

Hi all

I am in the process to start converting my collection onto Hard drive...
I have done some reading up and understand that LibreDrive firmware talks directly to the hardware, therefore no software decryption needed.

Can someone please confirm if Pioneer BDR-XD07TUHD capable of ripping 4K out of the box?..is it LibreDrive?
Woodstock

Re: Pioneer BDR-XD07TUHD capable of ripping 4K?

Post by Woodstock »

No Pioneer drive is currently capable of ripping 4K. There is no firmware that allows it yet.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ancient

Post by ancient »

Thank you for the confirmation, appreciated.
WHITETOWER

Post by WHITETOWER »

Hi there, I just bought the aforementioned Pioneer Drive. There's something boiling to get the Pioneer drives working or I'm better on shipping it back and buying anything else? I was interested on a 4K UHD capable unit as I will use it ALSO as a spare for my Panasonic DP-UB820 (just in case) and for monitor calibration with bluray disks. Thank you.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

WHITETOWER wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:48 pm
Hi there, I just bought the aforementioned Pioneer Drive. There's something boiling to get the Pioneer drives working or I'm better on shipping it back and buying anything else? I was interested on a 4K UHD capable unit as I will use it ALSO as a spare for my Panasonic DP-UB820 (just in case) and for monitor calibration with bluray disks. Thank you.
There is something coming for pioneer drives but we don't know exactly when it may be better to return it and get a BU40N archgon in the meantime
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com