MakeMKV issues

Everything related to MakeMKV
Hifeno

MakeMKV issues

Post by Hifeno »

I just purchased MakeMKV after using it in beta and I really like it. I do have one issue though. If I have MakeMKV open with a Blu-Ray in the Blu-Ray drive, I will insert a DVD into the second DVD only drive, and the computer will eject the disc and say to insert a disc. I have to wait until it is done converting the Blu-Ray or close the program for it to recognize the DVD. This happens to every single drive on the computer if MakeMKV was opened first before any other program.
jayper

Re: MakeMKV issues

Post by jayper »

If you're running Windows (not sure about Mac or Linux), you can launch separate instances of MakeMKV to process multiple discs simultaneously.

If you have MakeMKV on your task bar, click on the MakeMKV icon to launch the first instance of the program. Once it has launched and is finished scanning the discs in your drives, right click on the MakeMKV icon and then select MakeMKV. It will launch a separate instance and you can run them independently.

MakeMKV.png
MakeMKV.png (52.81 KiB) Viewed 2854 times
dcoke22

Re: MakeMKV issues

Post by dcoke22 »

MakeMKV works a bit better with multiple optical drives when you enable Single Drive Mode in Preferences.
sdm.jpg
sdm.jpg (59.37 KiB) Viewed 2781 times
With this enabled, when you launch MakeMKV it'll ask you which drive you want this instance of MakeMKV to interact with.

On the Mac, making a new instance is easy.
mni.jpg
mni.jpg (42.59 KiB) Viewed 2781 times