Missing features that were there in previous versions of MakeMKV

Everything related to MakeMKV
Lenny

Missing features that were there in previous versions of MakeMKV

Post by Lenny »

Hi there,

I just downloaded the latest version of MakeMKV to convert some of my old DVDs to mkv-files.

The last time I used MakeMKV was in 2019. Back then it was possible to give every audio-track or subtitle-track a custom name before beginning the extraction-process. Also it was possible to mark a certain audio-track or subtitle-track as default, so you don't have to change to the correct track every time you open the file in VLC. It was possible to give every file you want to extract a custom name.

It seems to me that all these features are not present in the latest version. My question is: Why?

These features were very useful. The only possibility to set a default audio-track for the future mkv-files I've found is to set a preferred language in the programs preferences.
Woodstock

Re: Missing features that were there in previous versions of MakeMKV

Post by Woodstock »

Changing names with Expert mode enabled

Most likely, expert mode was disabled at some point, or you wiped your configuration before installing the new version.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Lenny

Re: Missing features that were there in previous versions of MakeMKV

Post by Lenny »

Woodstock wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:14 pm
Changing names with Expert mode enabled

Most likely, expert mode was disabled at some point, or you wiped your configuration before installing the new version.
You were right. Thank you! :)