Would anyone be interested in a program like this?

Everything related to MakeMKV

Would you be interested in this?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:58 pm

Yes
No votes
No
100%

Total votes: 1

grasshopper

Would anyone be interested in a program like this?

Post by grasshopper »

I've been using MakeMKV for a while now, but renaming the files always annoyed me (not knowing if it's in the right order etc.).
That's why I made the following (can be ran on Windows and Linux), here is a demo: https://streamable.com/29u3pc

How it works: it uses a database of audio fingerprints and matches it with the files you're trying to rename.

Keep in mind that the software still has issues and stuff (for example: posters not showing up).
If I would make it available, I would put it on GitLab or GitHub.

(I wasn't sure where to post this, so I just did it here in the general discussions)
preserve

Re: Would anyone be interested in a program like this?

Post by preserve »

It's not for me, but others might find it useful.

I don't find it a problem to go through the files and quickly pick out the ones I want to keep, and I prefer doing that type of thing manually. For television releases with multiple episodes per disc, I find that discs are almost always in the correct order (but MakeMKV might change the order), which is why I always name my files to reference the original source title ID, and if they're not, again I don't find it too much of a hassle.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
preserve

Post by preserve »

Maybe you could connect with lfoust’s new site.

I always thought that a disc database would be cool, with disc scans from BDInfo and/or MakeMKV, with any additional relevant information such as the playlist identification that lfoust is doing, and things that collectors would want to know when comparing various releases that are sometimes annoying to dig up, such as any content problems or concerns with the disc, etc.
grasshopper

Post by grasshopper »

preserve wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:36 pm
Maybe you could connect with lfoust’s new site.

I always thought that a disc database would be cool, with disc scans from BDInfo and/or MakeMKV, with any additional relevant information such as the playlist identification that lfoust is doing, and things that collectors would want to know when comparing various releases that are sometimes annoying to dig up, such as any content problems or concerns with the disc, etc.
Sounds like a nice idea. How would I be able to get in contact with him so I can discuss it with him? There is no contact information on his profile as far as I can see.
preserve

Post by preserve »

Post in their thread? Or send them a private message?