Windows Edition and Release Date, Copying to SSD, and Playing Directly from Discs

Everything related to MakeMKV
Chris Kelly

Windows Edition and Release Date, Copying to SSD, and Playing Directly from Discs

Post by Chris Kelly »

Could Windows 10 home or Pro, 20H2 or 21H1 help contribute to the amount of problems?
Woodstock

Re: Windows Edition and Release Date, Copying to SSD, and Playing Directly from Discs

Post by Woodstock »

Different versions of W10 have different security settings regarding programs and linkages between them, yes. Even differences between how it works if the optical drive is on a SATA cable or a USB cable affects what permissions are needed.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Chris Kelly

Re: Windows Edition and Release Date, Copying to SSD, and Playing Directly from Discs

Post by Chris Kelly »

Last week, I went from Windows 10 Pro 20H2 to Windows 10 Home 21H1. I thought that was when I started having some difficulty. Although maybe I should try another disc, as opposed to continuing trying to get the one working I've been trying to watch all week. My laptop has a Windows 10 Home product key in its BIOS. I can go into the Windows Activation and change the product key of my Windows Installation to a Windows 10 Pro product key, but since I did a clean install, I can't go back to 20H2.
Woodstock wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 2:33 pm
Different versions of W10 have different security settings regarding programs and linkages between them, yes. Even differences between how it works if the optical drive is on a SATA cable or a USB cable affects what permissions are needed.