Long lead-in time on Blu-ray rip

Everything related to MakeMKV
Pinback

Long lead-in time on Blu-ray rip

Post by Pinback »

Hello. I am a complete Newb in ripping blu ray discs, so please forgive my ignorance. Today for the first time I tried to burn an R2 blu ray, and it worked just fine. I then ran it through Handbrake and everything came out very well; EXCEPT for one odd thing. There is an odd lead-in of about 92 seconds before the movie starts. I've looked over the forums and didn't see anything about this. Is this a common thing, or am I doing something wrong? Is there anyway to eliminate the minute and a half of bars and noise before the start of the movie proper? I've had Zero trouble ripping R1 blu rays, so I'm guessing it's a region thing? Thanks in advance!
dcoke22

Re: Long lead-in time on Blu-ray rip

Post by dcoke22 »

I assume when you say 'burn' you mean 'rip'. I also assume the extra 92 seconds at the beginning is same in both the rip from MakeMKV and the output from Handbrake.

Could it be something like is described here?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24777
Pinback

Re: Long lead-in time on Blu-ray rip

Post by Pinback »

dcoke22 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:06 am
I assume when you say 'burn' you mean 'rip'. I also assume the extra 92 seconds at the beginning is same in both the rip from MakeMKV and the output from Handbrake.

Could it be something like is described here?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24777
Hi dcoke22! Thank you for your reply and for pointing me in the right direction. From looking over the thread, yes, that seems to be the very problem I'm having. I appreciate your time and help!