Don't have access to MakeMkv

Everything related to MakeMKV
khaldrogo

Don't have access to MakeMkv

Post by khaldrogo »

Hi all,

I registered for MakeMkv about a year ago and had to do a clean install of windows 10. Since then I don't have access to MakeMkv since I must have deleted the email with the passcode (cant remember if one was sent or not) but don't want to pay all over again. Please let me know what I can do.

thanks
Woodstock

Re: Don't have access to MakeMkv

Post by Woodstock »

Check your emails for an email from either avangate.com or 2co.com. If you can't find that, contact support@makemkv.com with your information and Mike can get you set up again.

Meanwhile, you can use the beta key.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
preserve

Re: Don't have access to MakeMkv

Post by preserve »

RuthLeighton wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:32 am
It means that Windows is denying access to MakeMKV to write a file it uses to keep track of the highest version of AACS your drive has seen. This usually means that you installed MakeMKV as an administrator, but are running it as a different user, so you don't "own" the directory. This is really a good thing.
I think you missed the part mentioning “clean install of windows 10” (not fresh install of MakeMKV), and AACS is not thr issue here - the user is looking for their original (paid) registration key, as addressed by Woodstock.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00