Disk Contents

Everything related to MakeMKV
caxtin

Disk Contents

Post by caxtin »

MK01.jpg
MK01.jpg (21.33 KiB) Viewed 3490 times
1 & 2 - Two Of The Same
Why are there two of the same entry on a DVD Chapter?

MK02.jpg
MK02.jpg (48.25 KiB) Viewed 3490 times
3 & 4 - File Size
Two titles with same chapters but different file size?

MK03.jpg
MK03.jpg (17.22 KiB) Viewed 3490 times
5 & 6 - Angles
What are title angles?

Thanks and keep safe enough!
Woodstock

Re: Disk Contents

Post by Woodstock »

The physical files on the disk can contain the parts necessary to assemble different versions of a movie, wither it be different audio languages or subtitle choices, or adding/removing scenes. MakeMKV is offering you all the versions it found.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
caxtin

Post by caxtin »

Woodstock wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:34 pm
The physical files on the disk can contain the parts necessary to assemble different versions of a movie, wither it be different audio languages or subtitle choices, or adding/removing scenes. MakeMKV is offering you all the versions it found.
Though I still need to know the technical reasons for all my questions, I just Googled and found the answers I am looking for.
Thanks
preserve

Post by preserve »

So many possible reasons depending on the content and how it was authored. In the future, I recommend posting in the disc-specific forum and letting us know what the title of the disc is. Disc-specific questions can usually be answered by others who have the same disc, by looking at the specs on the case, or looking at the disc details on a database or review site such as Blu-ray.com (which covers DVDs as well).
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00