second choice for audio and subtitles

Everything related to MakeMKV
WildCat

second choice for audio and subtitles

Post by WildCat »

Hi, I wanted to ask if there was a way to insert the ability of a second choice when it comes to choosing a language for audio and subtitles
Chetwood

Re: second choice for audio and subtitles

Post by Chetwood »

You can change the default selection rule under Preferences > Advanced to something like this:

-sel:all,+sel:(deu|eng|nolang),-sel:(core),-10:(forced*(eng)),-15:(deu),-20:(forced*(deu))

which will result in this order

Audio:
German
English

Subs:
German forced
German
English forced
English

It usually works except for subtitle streams that are not forced as flagged which happens a lot on Region 1 BDs. In that case you'll have to remux the order or simply flag the tracks accordingly with mkvtoolnix's header editor.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
WildCat

Re: second choice for audio and subtitles

Post by WildCat »

Chetwood wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:36 am
You can change the default selection rule under Preferences > Advanced to something like this:

-sel:all,+sel:(deu|eng|nolang),-sel:(core),-10:(forced*(eng)),-15:(deu),-20:(forced*(deu))

which will result in this order

Audio:
German
English

Subs:
German forced
German
English forced
English

It usually works except for subtitle streams that are not forced as flagged which happens a lot on Region 1 BDs. In that case you'll have to remux the order or simply flag the tracks accordingly with mkvtoolnix's header editor.
thanks, it's a bit that I do not go back on the blog, and if I want to keep only English and Italian (subtitles, lossless audio, lossy audio and lossy audio that comes from the lossless one) how should I do?