Any idea when MakeMKV can be purchased ?

Everything related to MakeMKV
johnman

Any idea when MakeMKV can be purchased ?

Post by johnman »

http://www.makemkv.com/buy/ says that due to some technical issues, MakeMKV can't be purchased at the moment.

I'm fine using the current beta key as suggested on that page but I was just wondering whether there's any timeframe for when purchases can be made again ? For me, the purchase of a registration key is the final step in setting everything up and I'm keen to get it done (and also show some support for the MakeMKV team).

On that point, thank you very much to mike admin and the rest of his team for MakeMKV and the "MK" firmware and also everyone on this forum for all the advice. After I laid the groundwork by reading carefully this forum, everything for me went very smoothly.

I bought a LG BH16NS40 in an OWC Mercury Pro enclosure. I opened it up to confirm that it's at least SVC NS50 and it was SVC NS51 and had version 1.03 of the official firmware.

On my Mac, I installed MakeMKV and also downloaded sdf.bin and the most recent MK firmware for a LG BH16NS60 (version 1.02). I ran sdftool on the command line to change in one step from the official firmware to the MK firmware. Done!

Thank you again to everyone.
mike admin

Re: Any idea when MakeMKV can be purchased ?

Post by mike admin »

johnman wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:48 am
http://www.makemkv.com/buy/ says that due to some technical issues, MakeMKV can't be purchased at the moment.

I'm fine using the current beta key as suggested on that page but I was just wondering whether there's any timeframe for when purchases can be made again ?
Hopefully soon :) It is really an ugly technical issue that will be solved eventually.
JudyWhite

Post by JudyWhite »

Do you have any idea what the problem is? If I purchase one license, can I run two Docker containers with one license .
Last edited by JudyWhite on Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gfliger51

Post by gfliger51 »

I have the same concern. I just checked - the trial key is due to expire on March 31st. That's six days from today. Possibly a new trial key will be issued by then if the technical issue isn't resolved?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

New beta key will be issued regardless, just maybe not on the 31st.

More information can be found in the FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging