Attention Shoppers! aka "Where Things Be"

Everything related to MakeMKV
Woodstock

Attention Shoppers! aka "Where Things Be"

Post by Woodstock »

There have been some changes in how things are arranged, and a number of message topics will be moved over time. And there has always been an issue with people not knowing where to post messages. This is my offering on how to find/categorize posting.

The top of the forum has two sections, News and Announcements, where only Mike posts things, and General MakeMKV Discussion, where things that don't fit elsewhere can be posted. Generally speaking, they do need to remain MakeMKV-related; We do not have a "general chit-chat" forum here for exchanging holiday recipes or the merits of one version of a movie over another.

Next, we have sections that relate to specific disk formats, Disc Formats and Error Reports. It is further divided into Blu-ray discs, UHD discs, and DVD discs. If you have a question about a specific format, please use the appropriate section.

After that, come hardware-specific forums for Optical Disc Drives, with UHD Drives and LibreDrive drives (they aren't really the same thing).

Another section is for OS-Specific issues, which is basically "not Windows", with a forum for MakeMKV for MacOS and MakeMKV for Linux.

Finally, there are forums for MKV file processing and playback (things you do with video after MakeMKV writes it do your system) and Advanced MakeMKV usage (ways to make MakeMKV do "uncommon stuff").

Within these major sections, there may be sub-forums for various things. The Blu-ray forum, for example, has a new sub-forum for Blu-ray 3D discussions. The UHD Drives forum has sub-forum for Drives for sale, Flashing Services, where to buy....

If your question or comment falls within one of the "specialized" forums or sub-forums, please start them in the proper topic, or do not be surprised if one of the moderators moves it for you. If it does NOT, then the General MakeMKV Discussion forum may be the right place.

This post will be updated when things get changed (or if I screwed something up), but it is being locked for now. If you see something that needs to be changed, send me a PM.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging