DTS-Audio

Everything related to MakeMKV
OnkelP

DTS-Audio

Post by OnkelP »

Hi,
the most of Blu-ray come with DTS or/and PCM Audio.
Both are in BETA not supported.
Is there any solution for this problem?
Thanks
P
Chiasmos

Re: DTS-Audio

Post by Chiasmos »

Second the request for any advice about possibly using these Audio Streams, but other

than these and BD+, the efforts here are becoming pretty exceptional. :)
Matt Devo

Post by Matt Devo »

I've had no problem extracting the DTS core of a DTS-HD-MA stream using MakeMKV
OnkelP

Post by OnkelP »

It's a restriction of the BETA-Version, I think (the log says it). But I have not found any possibility to buy the Full version ...
I am ready to pay a appropriate price for good software.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

DTS is supported in a sense that only DTS core is extracted. Any problem with DTS (except for "DTS-HD audio") is a bug. LPCM is not supported currently but, will be supported soon. If you have a disc with unsupported "DTS-HD audio" track, please let us know the name of the disc.
OnkelP

Post by OnkelP »

Hi Mike,
thank you for answer. Today I have one example: Shine A Light (Stones, Scorsese). Only the extras have audio. (simply stereo)
Some more Blu-rays I will test as soon as possible.

[update] next try: "King Kong" with Extended Edition DTS (the german track) is not supported
next: "Wanted"
Log: Stream #40 of type 'DTS-HD second audio' in file 00009.m2ts was skipped, since it is not supported in BETA version
Stream #41 of type 'DTS-HD second audio' in file 00009.m2ts was skipped, since it is not supported in BETA version
acer2k

Post by acer2k »

Hi...

I am a german Guy to.
You can use DTS without any Problems. But only 1 Stream.
I make it with Akte X (the X Files). Only took the second Audio an you will have the DTS as Audio Track in the MKV.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

OnkelP wrote:Hi Mike,
thank you for answer. Today I have one example: Shine A Light (Stones, Scorsese). Only the extras have audio. (simply stereo)
Some more Blu-rays I will test as soon as possible.

[update] next try: "King Kong" with Extended Edition DTS (the german track) is not supported
next: "Wanted"
Log: Stream #40 of type 'DTS-HD second audio' in file 00009.m2ts was skipped, since it is not supported in BETA version
Stream #41 of type 'DTS-HD second audio' in file 00009.m2ts was skipped, since it is not supported in BETA version
I see the confusion. in DTS HD a single audio track is represented by two streams - core audio and extension. Core audio contains 5.1 audio and extension brings it to 7.1 or loseless. MakeMKV skips extension stream (second audio) but not the core audio. Your produced MKV file should have DTS stream in it.
OnkelP

Post by OnkelP »

@ acer2k,
thanks a lot. But in the future it would be nice, to get alternitive languages. It's the intention of programmer, I think. :wink:

@ mike,
thank you for explanation. I did not know that an will try it again.
jamie

Post by jamie »

mike admin wrote:DTS is supported in a sense that only DTS core is extracted. Any problem with DTS (except for "DTS-HD audio") is a bug. LPCM is not supported currently but, will be supported soon. If you have a disc with unsupported "DTS-HD audio" track, please let us know the name of the disc.
The Pride and Prejudice Blu-ray discs give a "Stream #1 of type 'DTS-HD audio' in file ....m2ts was skipped, since it is not supported in BETA version" message (this is on GNU/Linux). This leads to the MKV only having the "audio description" AC3 audio, which is no doubt wonderful for the vision impaired, but less than ideal for those who don't need to be told that someone is pausing in the doorway.

I'm unsure from the quoted text whether this is something that will be supported soon (as per the message from the program), or a bug that may be fixed even sooner. :)