Windows goes to sleep during rip

Everything related to MakeMKV
Tee77

Windows goes to sleep during rip

Post by Tee77 »

Hi. Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere in this forum. I have my windows notebook (Dell XPS13) set to sleep after a few minutes both on battery and mains. Should MakeMKV override these settings and keep my laptop awake until it has finished ripping a disc? If so, there’s something up with my setup. I could of course manually change power settings each time I rip a disc but that’s not ideal. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
iamjohnsname

Re: Windows goes to sleep during rip

Post by iamjohnsname »

A simple trick I use to keep my computer from sleeping during long tasks is to play a video on repeat in VLC. When computers think you're watching a movie they seem to stay awake for you. So far it's worked every time!
Tee77

Post by Tee77 »

Hi. Thanks for the tip. However, I’d rather just set my laptop to never sleep, which would result in the same outcome. I’m more interested in preserving my sleep settings (e.g. sleep after 5 minutes) but have Makemkv override this until it has finished ripping a disc. Thanks.
chris12

Post by chris12 »

hi, I am from Australia. I am programmer and I work whole night for my projects. whenever I wanted to take some nap during project I started some movie and muted my laptop so then laptop could not sleep as long as movie is going on and then I go to my bed and put my sheet upon me and take some nap.
best quality sheet sets in Australia https://www.elanlinen.com.au/bed-sheets