Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (4K UHD Blu-ray)

Everything related to MakeMKV
mikehbkwm

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (4K UHD Blu-ray)

Post by mikehbkwm »

Good afternoon, I recently ripped this disc and noticed it is stuttering on any Apple TV 4K in my house but plays back fine on my PC. The bit rate averages around 52mbps and I have many other 4K movies with higher bit rates that play back fine on the Apple TV's. This is the only movie that's stuttering on playback.

Anybody have thoughts or have seen the same issue? I searched the forum but I did not see anything regarding this specific issue. It's very odd.

Appreciate any feedback, thank you!
Billycar11

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (4K UHD Blu-ray)

Post by Billycar11 »

mikehbkwm wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:38 pm
Good afternoon, I recently ripped this disc and noticed it is stuttering on any Apple TV 4K in my house but plays back fine on my PC. The bit rate averages around 52mbps and I have many other 4K movies with higher bit rates that play back fine on the Apple TV's. This is the only movie that's stuttering on playback.

Anybody have thoughts or have seen the same issue? I searched the forum but I did not see anything regarding this specific issue. It's very odd.

Appreciate any feedback, thank you!
you have a gigabit link the whole way?
WiFi=Trash MEME
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
mikehbkwm

Post by mikehbkwm »

Yes, this is connected via Ethernet back to my router (Gigabit). Router is an Amplifi HD (Ubiquiti).

I have other 4K movies that reach higher bits rates and they play fine. I also have Apple TV's on WiFi and they still play fine with 4K movies, it's only this movie that's stuttering during playback.
mikehbkwm

Post by mikehbkwm »

I just used MKVToolNix and removed the audio tracks. Thought that if it's a "bit rate issue" that'll help, same issue - still stuttering. There's something with the Video file that's not translating over to the Apple TV 4K properly. I noticed that if I Transcode the movie to 1080P, it plays just fine.

I also played back Thor: Ragnarok (4K) which has a higher bit rate, and I've got no problems playing it back.

Something is odd with this specific video file for Guardians Vol. 2.
loukaniko

Post by loukaniko »

I have the exact same issue and same setup. Were you able to resolve it?
dockingbay94

Post by dockingbay94 »

I was having video playback stuttering and delay with GotG Vol 2 from Plex using the AppleTV client and found this thread. I have never had this issue with other 4K UHDs on the AppleTV.

I can verify this is an AppleTV issue as I was able to play the same file with the ShieldTV Plex client with no issues.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

I don't have GotG2 on UHD, but I do have an Apple TV 4K (2nd gen) and a Plex server. It has been my experience that the Plex client on Apple TV can be a bit flaky. For example, it really struggles to play Gemini Man (2019), but Infuse plays it just fine (from the same server, on the same network, on the same hardware).

No one has mentioned, but I assume the movie is playing via Direct Play?