Ripping "hidden" deleted scenes from a DVD using MakeMKV

Everything related to MakeMKV
Medal King

Ripping "hidden" deleted scenes from a DVD using MakeMKV

Post by Medal King »

Hello!

I'm currently trying to rip The Simpsons 5th Season NTSC Disc 1 DVD and I'm encountering difficulties getting access to the "hidden" deleted scenes, the ones only accessible during episode play by pressing a button when an onscreen symbol appears. In default mode and minimum length set to zero MakeMKV doesn't recognize them as a rippable title.

I found one previous forum post discussing the same issue.

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... nes#p40496

Following the same suggestion, I used DVD decrypter (http://dvddecrypter.org.uk/) to create a decrypted backup of the disc. From there I could recognize the VOB file that contains the video I'm looking for. Now I could transcode the file using Handbrake into mkv-file but does anyone know how to get MakeMKV to recognize this title? I'm assuming that this could be achieved using the manual mode in MakeMKV for DVDs but I haven't had any luck so far. Thank you for any help! :-)

Edit: Added IFO-files and log. VTS_08_0.VOB contains the deleted scenes.
Woodstock

Re: Ripping "hidden" deleted scenes from a DVD using MakeMKV

Post by Woodstock »

The files you had attached should be emailed to support@makemkv.com, not posted on the forum. No one but the author can really use the IFO files, and it will be faster sending them via email.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Medal King

Post by Medal King »

Hello!

Thank for the reply! I wasn't sure if this problem was "severe" enough to warrant an email to the support as there is a workaround, not just an optimal one. Or if this is just a case of using MakeMKV properly, not a problem with program itself. Oh well, I sent an email with the files to support@makemkv.com. If nothing else, this thread should be at least some help for anybody encountering the same issue. Thanks again!
ScubaShneve

Post by ScubaShneve »

I'm actually having this exact same issue on Season 5 Disc 1 of The Simpsons. Is the answer to use DVD Decrypter to create the backup?