Problem - tsMuxer Created Structures

Everything related to MakeMKV
SamuriHL

Problem - tsMuxer Created Structures

Post by SamuriHL »

Has it been discussed at all that tsMuxer created BD or AVCHD structures don't seem to work with MakeMKV? Is this a bug or is this by design? Thanks!!

EDIT: Sorry, I should be more specific. I either get an immediate error or MakeMKV hangs when it gets to the end.
setarip_old

Re: Problem - tsMuxer Created Structures

Post by setarip_old »

tsMuxer created BD or AVCHD structures
Created from what?

SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

setarip_old wrote:
tsMuxer created BD or AVCHD structures
Created from what?

Original Blu-ray's. So, if I use something like ClownBD which rips the streams with eac3to and then remasters them into a BD structure using tsMuxer, the result will not work with MakeMKV. I've also tried outputting AVCHD. Neither work. If MakeMKV isn't supposed to work with tsMuxer output, that's fine, but, it does say it works with AVCHD structures so I'm just wondering if it's a bug. And it makes no difference if I make an ISO out of it or just try to load the folder...same issue either way.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

I've performed similar, but more direct, conversions dozens of times with no such difficulty. I've first ripped an original BluRay disc to my hard drive (using either MakeMKV or DVDFab Passkey), loaded it DIRECTLY into tsMuxeR GUI v.1.10.6, eliminated, added, or modified audiostreams, eliminated some or all PGS streams and re-saved as BluRay. I've then used MakeMKV to create an .MKV without any problems.

Based on the above, I can't see how either tsMuxeR or MakeMKV could be the cause or a contributing factor in the problem you've described. Logically, it would seem that the problem lies with one or some of the following: your decrypter, eac3to, or ClownBD...

BTW - While posting this response, I just successfully completed such a conversion of the U.S. BluRay version of "Unthinkable" (using my methodology) - and now an AVCHD version.

Last edited by setarip_old on Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Fascinating. I guess I'll have to do some experimenting then. Not one of the ones I've processed with tsMuxer worked.
liquidskin76

Post by liquidskin76 »

I get the same problem as Samuri, however i rip with anydvd then load direct into tsmuxer.

When the tsmuxer output is loaded into makemkv, the conversion runs ok however when it reaches the end and is saving the file, it just sits there not finishing, with the timer still running.

Maybe it's anydvd related? Will test with a makemkv backup, then tsmuxer, then makemkv conversion.

Cheers
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Could be. I won't have time to test it until next weekend as I'm gone for the rest of the week. But, if you figure it out post back here and let me know. I just thought it was a bit odd is all. Thanks!
liquidskin76

Post by liquidskin76 »

Ok, so i used dvdfab to backup a disc to my hard drive (also stripped out unwanted audio tracks and subs so i got the main movie stuff only). Ran that output through makemkv and what do you know, it ran fine!

I've also put the dvdfab backup through tsmuxer and outputed as a bd folder. Running it through makemkv now... will post result in a min.

Cheers
Last edited by liquidskin76 on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
liquidskin76

Post by liquidskin76 »

Ok, so i think the problem lies when the backup is touched by tsmuxer, before its run through makemkv and converted to mkv. Ran the dvdfab backup through tsmuxer, then outputed from tsmuxer as bd folder. Ran that output through makemkv and the problem happens.

It's basically sitting at 0:00:01 remaining and not completing. If i cancel the job, then try to the play the resulting mkv, it doesn't open.
Last edited by liquidskin76 on Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Yea, I had that result with many of mine. Others just error out immediately. Thanks for testing. What happens if you rip the entire movie using the backup feature in MakeMKV first, then use tsMuxer on that? Can you then use MakeMKV?
liquidskin76

Post by liquidskin76 »

I'll give it a go now.
liquidskin76

Post by liquidskin76 »

Ok, done some more testing. So to summarize...

1) Backed up a bd disc using dvdfab. Ran the output through makemkv without any problems.
2) Put the dvdfab backup through tsmuxer, outputted as bd. Ran that output through makemkv and the problem happens (sits at 0:00:01 without finishing).

3) Backed up a bd disc using makemkv backup function. Ran that backup through tsmuxer and created 2 versions... bd and avchd. Ran those tsmuxer outputs through makemkv and new problem happens. Makemkv runs for a few minutes, then sits there going no further. Cancelling doesn't stop the job... i have to kill it via task manager.

So it looks like it anything that's touched by tsmuxer won't run in makemkv.

Hope this helps. How can i provide debug logs?

Thanks!
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Thanks for the info. That rather sucks. Anyone try the (very old at this point) tsRemux or another way to make an ISO?
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

liquidskin76 wrote: How can i provide debug logs?
Thanks!
Can you please see if the problem happens if you creates 5-second movie in tsMuxer, check "cut" on split&cut page. If the problem still happens please compress all produced files with any archiver and send them to support@makemkv.com . MakeMKV is supposed to process tsMuxer output; it's probably a disc specific problem.
drsuchit

Post by drsuchit »

Dear All,

I can confirm I have exactly the same problem with makemkv processing blu rays authored with TSMUXER as described by the thread starter and liquidskin76 .

Due to this,I have stopped using makemkv on any burnt blu ray (not virtual drive mounted blu ray structure image)authored by tsmuxer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated