Is purchasing MakeMKV still being offered?

Everything related to MakeMKV
thirstyspider

Is purchasing MakeMKV still being offered?

Post by thirstyspider »

I've read the posts from Mike about the scam Leawo is perpetrating, and I'm glad I did. And because of that I think I understand why the June key hasn't been released. All one has to do is google search for blu-ray ripper and see why.

And through this search I found the "buy" link for MakeMKV, but it appears to be hidden on the web page.

Having said that, can Mike or Woodstock or another Admin tell me if the purchase url ( www.makemkv.com/buy ) is functional and I'll receive my product key when I purchase? I love this software and am happy to support it.

Thank you folks, and especially Mike. I hope you can get the bogus site taken down.
Woodstock

Re: Is purchasing MakeMKV still being offered?

Post by Woodstock »

Mike would really have to be the one to answer this, but, when I click the "buy now" button on the purchase page, I'm taken to the Avangate page to purchase the key.

One thing that has been reported is that PayPal is no longer a payment option. Why this is, I don't know (I paid with PP when I registered), but there are stories out there that PayPal is refusing any transactions it considers "illegal", and some people think ripping disks you own is illegal, so...
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
wheeler498

Post by wheeler498 »

AmX did reject my charge so i had to call them to get it approved
thirstyspider

Post by thirstyspider »

Thank you Woodstock. I'm going to go ahead and make the purchase using a standard CC. I appreciate your fast reply and appreciate this forum and software and all the effort put into it.
thirstyspider

Post by thirstyspider »

Woodstock wrote:Mike would really have to be the one to answer this, but, when I click the "buy now" button on the purchase page, I'm taken to the Avangate page to purchase the key.

One thing that has been reported is that PayPal is no longer a payment option. Why this is, I don't know (I paid with PP when I registered), but there are stories out there that PayPal is refusing any transactions it considers "illegal", and some people think ripping disks you own is illegal, so...
Purchase went through in the states using a standard CC just fine. Confirmation, receipt and key all received in moments.

Thanks again.
redstang

Post by redstang »

thirstyspider wrote:
Purchase went through in the states using a standard CC just fine. Confirmation, receipt and key all received in moments.

Thanks again.
I can report the same - purchase completed and key received in minutes.
metallaro1980

Post by metallaro1980 »

61€ for how many months?
one? two?
i do not want to buy this software and after 3 months i had to pay 61 again!!!
no paypal? :shock: :shock: :shock:
61€ for a beta software?!?!?!? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

The purchased license does not expire. It is good for all future versions.

As for "beta software", that decision is up to you - I kind of hope it never finishes the "beta", because a lot of "release" software out there doesn't get updates anymore, and new features start to dry up. Or you have to switch away from the release version if there is a new feature in the development branch that you must have.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
mkv508

Post by mkv508 »

:D worked for me today, $50