audio question

Everything related to MakeMKV
azevedo

audio question

Post by azevedo » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:00 pm

This is my first attempt to rip dvds - sending a hard drive to my son on deployment. The sound doesn't match - when the actor speaks, the sound is delayed. Can I make adjustments to match them up? Thanks.

chefjeff1373

Re: audio question

Post by chefjeff1373 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:36 am

I occasionally have the same problem. Notice "Occasionally." If this is a persistent issue with more than one playback software package the below work-around is not a very good solution:
I've found that most of the time I can solve a sound timing or sub-title issue within the playback software. Ie..MS Media Center, VLC, etc. There is typically an adjustment / setting within the software for just this issue. I'm partial to VLC and rarely have this problem.
I experienced this quite often with Microsoft Media Center. I have concluded the playback software plays a huge role with general picture quality, compatibility. You might want to try VLC, it's free. Plenty of on-line support. I really like the picture and sound quality. It's easy to use for newbies and has plenty of advanced features for veteran users.

I hope this helped:)

Woodstock

Re: audio question

Post by Woodstock » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:21 am

To expand, MakeMKV tries very hard to synchronize the audio with the video. If you enable viewing them, it will show you when it is making changes to resync the two.

Player software is highly variable in how well it can sync the channels when playing back.