Suggestion - Source & Destination directory

Everything related to MakeMKV
bobr3940

Suggestion - Source & Destination directory

Post by bobr3940 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:55 am

I had previously copied my DVDs (menus, extras and all) to my NAS using AnyDVD. I am now going back and converting them all to .mkv files and stripping everything out except for the main content.

My files are stored in one directory (g:\source) and the new .mkv files are going in a new directory (G:\destination).
Here is the process I currently go through:

I run MakeMKV and go to File->Open Files and point it to g:\source
MakeMKV reads and processes the files and lets me choose which tracks I want to convert.
I then click the set output folder and it defaults to g:\source so I change it to g:\destination
After MakeMKV is done I go back to File->Open Files and it is now on g:\destination so I have to reset it to g:\source
wash, rinse repeat for each title.

It would be great if MakeMkv would remember the source and destination directories that were used last so that we did not have to keep switching them back and forth.

Thanks for the great progam.

JLWaller

Re: Suggestion - Source & Destination directory

Post by JLWaller » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:32 am

I am not sure what benefit there is in setting the file destination in Output folder, but, I set my destination folder in Preferences. You open Preferences and go to the video tab and you see the box labeled 'Default Destination'. There is a file box for you to set your default destination. Also, the button is set for "Semiauto", I do not know if it came that way, or if I set it that way for some reason. Anyway, the source now always defaults to the last source directory, and the destination always defaults to the directory I set in preferences, plus a folder based on the name of the iso I am converting.

Now if only MakeMKV would start using all the cpu cores again......

JohnW

doncht

Post by doncht » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:39 pm

It would be great if MakeMkv would remember the source and destination directories that were used last so that we did not have to keep switching them back and forth.
+1 to this,. Although it will just take a minute to set those again, it will be tiresome when we are doing a lot of projects.

JLWaller

Post by JLWaller » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:04 pm

"+1 to this,. Although it will just take a minute to set those again, it will be tiresome when we are doing a lot of projects."

Not sure what you are saying here?????

fuzzy76

Post by fuzzy76 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:49 pm

Agreed. There are two options missing:

- Last used Remember the last folder I set across launches.
- Same as source Creates output files in the same folder as the input files.

When it comes to CPU cores, I don't really understand the need. MakeMKV does not do encoding, so it doesn't do much CPU-intensive work at all. It's mostly I/O.

dpend

Post by dpend » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:19 pm

+1

LouieChuckyMerry

Post by LouieChuckyMerry » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:38 am

dpend wrote:+1
This would be a much appreciated option.