Command Line Examples: MakeMKVCon64

Everything related to MakeMKV
Fuzemkv

Command Line Examples: MakeMKVCon64

Post by Fuzemkv » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:02 pm

So I'm trying my darndest to make a script that automates some of my processes for ripping my dvd collection. I'm getting stuck on one of the simplest parts, starting MakeMKV from the command line. I've created a very basic windows batch files just to test that this part is working. Well, it's not, and I can't figure out what I need to do.

I'm trying to just rip the main movie and that is all.. so I'm using the following command line arguments:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV\makemkvcon64.exe" --minlength=3600 --decrypt mkv disc:0 0 C:\Video\Dvd_Prep\Temp

The command line instructions say to pass <source> <titleid> <destination>. I don't know what titleid is and so I've tried just passing "0" and leaving that argument out, but nothing appears to work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Fuzemkv

Re: Command Line Examples: MakeMKVCon64

Post by Fuzemkv » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:29 pm

Ok, turns out I'm stupid. The command I posted above does work, but my disk tray was open and so it wasn't working.

Now, using that same command, I'm receiving the following error:

"Failed to save title 0 to file <filepath>"
0 titles saved, 1 failed.

Any idea. I feel like it has something to do with the titleid that I'm passing in the original CLI query.