Interface improvments

Everything related to MakeMKV
Venson

Interface improvments

Post by Venson » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:22 pm

Hey,

I would like to suggest some interface design improvements.
Very nice would be if:
- a DarkMode would be lovely because I am using the UI mostly at night and with a Dark Mode my eyes would not burn out when switching from VS to the MakeMKV Ui.
- Naming Template selector. I use the software with Movies and series and for example VideoStation requires a certain different format for both (Movies: "{TITLE} ({DY})", series: "{TITLE}.SXX.EXX")
- File Path templates. Mostly the same as currently existing file name templates, but with the extension that the whole path can be templated

Nice would be:
- Auto Ejection of disk at the end of a process
- Movie Mode: After disk insertion start the discovery process, then select the longest title and proceed to process it and repeat when another disk is inserted
- Series Mode: After disk insertion start the discovery process, then select the titles that have the nearly same length and proceed to process it and repeat when another disk is inserted

Gold Plating:
- Direct upload to FTP
- Preview of tracks in program
- REST api / http UI for remote control
- Optional Suffixes in templates

Thanks for the software without it i would not have been able to save my lib <3

taylorwmj

Re: Interface improvments

Post by taylorwmj » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:10 pm

Venson wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:22 pm
- a DarkMode would be lovely because I am using the UI mostly at night and with a Dark Mode my eyes would not burn out when switching from VS to the MakeMKV Ui.
This is available if using Linux.
Venson wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:22 pm
- Preview of tracks in program
I agree this would be nice, especially for confirming subtitle selection

Venson

Re: Interface improvments

Post by Venson » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:26 am

taylorwmj wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:10 pm
This is available if using Linux.
sure i talk about the Win-UI :-).

Also with Naming template selector i mean a list of templates that can be selected from to apply to the current loaded disc.
And with auto injection in mind a set of "finish actions" would also be not far away maybe even invoking another executable with the generated file/s (then an FTP follow-up upload or custom "renaming" would be very easy) I mean I am currently at disk 30 and maybe only backuped 10% of my wifes lib after that my will follow. ReRenaming the titles correctly is getting tedious.