Can 3D Blu-ray video be extracted via command-line?

Everything related to MakeMKV
SteigerDynamics

Can 3D Blu-ray video be extracted via command-line?

#1 Post by SteigerDynamics » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:43 pm

Hi, I'm using the AutoRipDVD script along with an add-on for Kodi to make Blu-ray ripping as automated as possible. I'm really happy with the results, but it seems that 3D Blu-rays are getting backed up as 2D.

I see the option in the MakeMKV GUI to select 3D video, but I'd really like to make this as seamless as possible no matter what kind of Blu-ray is used. I've investigated MakeMKV's command-line options in hope of editing the AutoRipDVD script, but the options seem limited. Is there any way to extract 3D video automatically when it's present? For reference, here's the command that I have in AutoRipDVD: "makemkvcon64.exe --minlength=1800 mkv disc:0 all "D:\Movies\%volid%""

I work at an HTPC manufacturer and we're experimenting with this Kodi setup for our customers, which is why it's so important to make this as simple and automatic as possible. This could provide a lot of paid licenses for MakeMKV if it proves to be popular with our customers, so I'm hoping that we can arrive at a solution. Thanks!