Fresh windows and makemkv install - svq files everywhere!

Everything related to MakeMKV
goresnet

Fresh windows and makemkv install - svq files everywhere!

#1 Post by goresnet » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:24 pm

I recently did a fresh install of both Windows 7 and makemkv. Now, on any Blu ray, I get a .tgz file in my output folder, and with some discs, I get a bunch of svq files. Now, upon researching, I know why makemkv creates these files. But I never used to see them. I don't have "show hidden files" checked in Folder Options. The only options I changed from default makemkv install were length, language and save directory. Which I had changed the same way on the previous install. Any ideas? I know I can delete the files, and makemkv will download as needed... And they're tiny... but they really clutter my movie rip folder (which it didn't used to do)

Woodstock

Re: Fresh windows and makemkv install - svq files everywhere

#2 Post by Woodstock » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:09 pm

In the Preferences -> General settings, what do you have for the MakeMKV data directory? It should be set to a writable location that MakeMKV can have free reign over. I would suggest something like "C:\MakeMKVData", so that you can find it if you NEED to look at it.

MakeMKV will then put the files you're asking about in that directory, and leave the output directory solely for MKV files.

To cut down on tgz files, you can go into Preferences -> Protection, and un-check "Always create BD+ dumps".

goresnet

Re: Fresh windows and makemkv install - svq files everywhere

#3 Post by goresnet » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:18 pm

OK, looks like that was it, thanks!