Extended cuts?

Everything related to MakeMKV
swerve

Extended cuts?

#1 Post by swerve » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:43 pm

I got Muppets Most Wanted. It said on the back of the Bluray, there were 3 cuts to the movie. I want to know how to rip the longest cut which the box says totals 124 minutes. When I highlighted the 33GB version, it was a total of 1h59m. Right under it in makemkv is 3 extra chapters totalling 3m14s. I assume that's how it says on the box it totals 124 minutes for the 3rd cut. How do I rip it so it's totally seamless with those extra chapters?

Woodstock

Re: Extended cuts?

#2 Post by Woodstock » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:53 am

Usually, there will be multiple titles, with overlapping content. This is called "seemless branching", where scenes can be included/removed without needing multiple copies of the whole movie on the disk.

You can view which segments (which are essentially "scenes") are included within a title by highlighting it, and looking at the right side detail listing. There should be one with more segments than the others.

Rydsen

Re: Extended cuts?

#3 Post by Rydsen » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:49 am

I have the same disc. Unfortunately, the 3 cuts are really just 2 cuts and one parody. There's a theatrical and an extended cut of the movie. The third is just a funny spoof that runs less than 2 minutes. I was confused initially, too, until I actually played the disc in my player and saw what was really going on. I ended up just ripping the longer, extended cut and calling it a day. I don't recall the exact running times of each, though.