No Sound with LPCM Selected

Everything related to MakeMKV
paulhenry26

No Sound with LPCM Selected

#1 Post by paulhenry26 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:14 am

Hi there,
I am trying to convert Pirates of the Carribean - At worlds End on Blu-Ray and i cant get any sound if i Select the LPCM Soundtrack, I have tried it with just the LPCM soundtrack and with all the soundtrack's selected but with no joy. To get sound i have have to remove the LPCM track

Has anyone got any idea's

Regards

setarip_old

Re: No Sound with LPCM Selected

#2 Post by setarip_old » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:53 pm

Hi!

Click on the following for a discussion of "bitstream" versus (L)PCM...

http://forum.blu-ray.com/receivers-ampl ... tream.html

paulhenry26

#3 Post by paulhenry26 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:53 pm

hi,
Thanks for the reply, but my problem seems to be with makemkv not my equipment, i wil explain a little more.
Firstly i am watching my mkv files via KMplayer with some extra codec's (ffdshow) on my pc, i have a Coxal lead going from my SPDIF out to my HT Amp (A Yamaha RX-V357). Now i am aware that that to get DD+,DD True HD, DTS-HD Etc (anything but Core DD & DTS) i need a Reciver with a V1.3 HDMI Input which is on its way, but the beauty of km player is that it tell's you in the bottom left corner of the player what Soundtrack is in the MKV file. I Converted Terminator Salvation using Makemkv and selected the LPCM & Core DTS Soundtrack. I Played the file after conversion and Got DTS sound with no problems (ffdshow icon shows on the taskbar and hovering over it shows that it is a DTS track With 6 Channels outputting via SPDIF). I then switch to The LPCM sound track and although my reciver wont play the sound track if i hover over the ffd icon it shows a LPCM soundtrack (DTS-HD Lossless) outputted via the HDMI on my graphics card, so i know once i have my new reciver, i will get the full LPCM soundtrack.

When i Tried to Convert Pirates of the Carribean and i selected the LPCM soundtrack, regardless of weater it is on it's own or with all the other soundtracks (Which are DD English, French, Spanish & DTS French/ Spanish) I get NO Sound from ANY of the Soundtracks although KMplayer shows there is sound (if you dont have the Codec's then the little sound icon willl not illuminate and it is lit) and to get a soundtrack that works i have to remove the LPCM from the film during the conversion with makemkv, if i select just DD Engilsh then it works Fine.

I am aware that there was a problem with previous versions of makemkv with regards to LPCM sound, is it possable that this is still the case? any help or advice that anyone can offer would be a great Help.

Regards

setarip_old

#4 Post by setarip_old » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:54 am

Did you try switching your system to or from Linear PCM and bitstream?

mike admin

#5 Post by mike admin » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:15 am

Many players fail to recognize multi-channel LPCM in MKV container. Mplayer is one of few that can. Your best bet would be convert LPCM to FLAC with eac3to.

markb

#6 Post by markb » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:15 pm

FYI - ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 3 plays the LPCM tracks created by MakeMKV.

NomadCF

#7 Post by NomadCF » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:37 am

I've been able to play LPCM using the fallowing players:

Mediaplayer Classic
VLC
XBMC