Licensing question

Everything related to MakeMKV
michaeld

Licensing question

Post by michaeld »

Hello all,

I've tried many BR/DVD rip/copy programs over the years and IMO, MakeMKV is simply incredible. It just WORKS. No add-ons needed, learning curve is shallow. Very happy with this product!

My question concerns licensing. I want to buy a license b/c there's no way I'll finish ripping my BRs in the next 28 days (what's left out of the 30 day trial period) and I'd rather not rush the process to try to make under the wire. HOWEVER: Will my one license key enable me to run 4 instances of MakeMKV? I have four BR drives and am ripping 4 discs at a time. I'd rather not have to buy four licenses to cover four BR drives.

Thanks in advance for answering this question; the answer is not in the FAQ, nor in anything I've read online.

Finally, THANK YOU to the author(s) for creating and continuing to update this incredible piece of software and offering it freely for an entire month! Great job!
Woodstock

Re: Licensing question

Post by Woodstock »

The licensing Mike uses is that you can run as many copies as you want on one machine at the same time, from what I've read. But there is nothing in MakeMKV that reports "home" when a second copy starts up, like with a lot of programs out there.

I've only run a couple of instances at a time (insufficient drives to do more). But, if you had 30 optical drives on a machine, you could conceivably run 30 instances on that machine to service them....
michaeld

Post by michaeld »

Thanks, Woodstock. That is the answer I was hoping to receive. Just wanted to be sure I would be able to use the product as I require after the license purchase. :)
ThePharoah

Post by ThePharoah »

I used to rip to ISO files, and when I converted to MKV, I would set up 7-8 instances of MakeMKV, each to rip one ISO file, start them all, then go to bed. In the morning, all had ripped.

I've ripped 2-3 ISO files at once with MakeMKV, and still used my computer at the same time.