Why does MakeMKV warn me about AnyDVD?

Everything related to MakeMKV
spongyryno

Why does MakeMKV warn me about AnyDVD?

Post by spongyryno »

I use both (AnyDVD HD) and MakeMKV in conjunction. At times, I've had issues trying to use MakeMKV to rip one of my BDs with MakeMKV alone, but I've NEVER had any issues with MakeMKV while AnyDVD HD is active.

Can you name any discs (or situations) that would cause MakeMKV to behave better without AnyDVD HD active than without?

It's not a big deal, but it's a slight annoyance.

Thanks for your response.
Woodstock

Re: Why does MakeMKV warn me about AnyDVD?

Post by Woodstock »

Because AnyDVD has a history of causing problems. Mike says that is in the past, but... it is hard to determine whether someone is running the broken version or something more recent, so you get a warning, just in case.
spongyryno

Re: Why does MakeMKV warn me about AnyDVD?

Post by spongyryno »

Thanks for the response, Woodstock.

A modal dialog that stops all progress until user input is given seems like a little severe for something that is probably a non-issue, and actually makes things better (as I said, some discs MakeMKV has trouble with, but not if AnyDVD is running). IMO, under the circumstances, it would be better to present a warning for the times when AnyDVD is NOT detected (but I don't actually recommend that :) ).

Regardless... is there any way I can disable this warning? It's a little frustrating because I come back to the machine expecting MakeMKV to now be ready to rip the disc, but instead, it's showing me this dialog, and it only starts to analyze the disc once I click OK.

Thanks.