Finally took the plunge and purchased

Everything related to MakeMKV
docbill

Finally took the plunge and purchased

Post by docbill »

I've been using MakeMKV now for about 6 months. I finally took the plunge and purchased it.

I probably would have purchased it sooner, but everywhere I've seen on the web indicates the price is 50 USD. But I would always see a much higher price when I'd go to the buy page. I finally realized this evening that the price is 50 USD for those in the US, and 50 EUR for everyone else. Has a Canadian I appreciated being given the option to pay in Canadian. As a US citizen, I don't like getting ripped off because I'm currently in Canada...

I have to admit I was impressed that Avengate seems to have the best geo locating available. When I connected to a US VPN and it still managed to detect I was in Canada. Even if I went in with private browsing. I finally had to use the TOR browser to get it to recognize me as in the US. Most Canadian's wouldn't have bothered. They would have just saw they were being over charged, and decided to go buy another encoder instead... If you want to attract Canadian customers, either make the price 50 CAD, or charge us the 50 USD price. Anything else will just make us angry.

Bill
docbill

Re: Finally took the plunge and purchased

Post by docbill »

I really don't want to come off sounding negative. MakeMKV is great software. If it wasn't, I certainly wouldn't be buying it while it is still in beta... I just intend this at a bit of constructive criticism. Even at 50 EUR, I think MakeMKV is worth buying. It isn't that I question the value in the software. Not in the least. It is just nobody likes to be the person who paid more for the same thing, unless of course it was a donation. And GEO filtered prices leave a very bad taste in ones mouth...

Bill