Is it Possible to Embed Hardcode Subtitle to Mkv or Mp4 ?

Everything related to MakeMKV
farukest

Is it Possible to Embed Hardcode Subtitle to Mkv or Mp4 ?

Post by farukest »

I have a mp4 videos on my website. I always download mkv files and convert them to mp4, at the same time embed subtitle to mp4 with hardcoded embed method. All these proccess takes a lot of time. I dont want to do this so i searched on the internet and found something about the subtitle embed method.

Anyway, I can embed .srt file to my mp4 video with MP4Box(windows CMD) or (Yamb), FFMPEG, mp4muxer ,mencoder etc.. But i cant show my subtitle with my webplayer in no way. I know my player can display Text Tracks embedded into MP4 files. But Is it hardcoded subtitle or not i dont know. I dont think it is about hardcoded because hardcoded is not readable thing. So i wanna ask is there any way to embed subtitle to mkv or mp4 without encoding, i want to force the subtitle to appear in webplayer. Any idea ?
Woodstock

Re: Is it Possible to Embed Hardcode Subtitle to Mkv or Mp4

Post by Woodstock »

Embedding subtitles as in.... Burning them into the video? That's recoding the video, and that takes time. Several tools can do it, such as Handbrake (handbrake.fr). Note that the TYPE of subtitles you have change what can be done with them; Handbrake is only now getting the ability to burn SRT subtitles into files in the latest nightly builds.

Embedded as in muxing them into an MKV file, MKVToolnix can do that.