Is there a way to Select HD Audio by default through the UI?

Everything related to MakeMKV
Zorat

Post by Zorat »

Whenever I insert a Blu-Ray I have to go in and specifically select the HD Audio tracks, either DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD.
Wasabi

Re: Is there a way to Select HD Audio by default through the

Post by Wasabi »

No. That would make things far too easy. You have to futz around with "profiles". Have fun :lol:

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4385
Wasabi

Post by Wasabi »

No. You need to set up profiles. Have fun screwing around with XML files :lol:

I replied to this yesterday, but my post was flagged for moderation - I guess because I included a link to this forum. Just search for profiles.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Wasabi wrote:No. You need to set up profiles. Have fun screwing around with XML files
This is not correct. You just need to change default selection rule in preferences, search advanced subforum for details.
Wasabi

Post by Wasabi »

mike admin wrote:
Wasabi wrote:No. You need to set up profiles. Have fun screwing around with XML files
This is not correct. You just need to change default selection rule in preferences, search advanced subforum for details.
It's still more complicated than it needs to be, otherwise you wouldn't see questions like this. A setting to choose between lossless/core/both in the GUI would be nice. Same for the 2.0 tracks. I wound up setting up a profile to rip everything, then I use Popcorn Remux to remove what I don't want. For me, that's far easier than messing with a pseudo-programming language with pluses and minuses and parentheses and pipes.

I have reasonably computer-savvy friends who have paid far more for substandard crap like DVDFab that leave behind error-riddled rips rather than deal with MakeMKV because, in their words, "it just works." Yeah, except for that seven-second glitch in the middle of the movie we just watched :roll:

Under the hood, MakeMKV is brilliant. It was able to extract PGS subs before there was even a player that could handle them lol. But the interface certainly leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe you could hand that portion of the program off to some users who could give it a much-needed makeover.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

I really don't see what's so difficult about this line:

-sel:all,+sel:(deu|eng|nolang),-sel:(core),-5:(forced*(eng)),-10:(deu),-15:(forced*(deu))

Cooking this up once certainly beats having to remux each file.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Zorat

Post by Zorat »

Chetwood wrote:I really don't see what's so difficult about this line:

-sel:all,+sel:(deu|eng|nolang),-sel:(core),-5:(forced*(eng)),-10:(deu),-15:(forced*(deu))

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction all.

What's so hard in my opinion, is that this should be in the UI.

At this point I still have no idea what your script does, so I either have to take it on faith (and guess that you speak german, and that I don't) or try to figure it out.
Zorat

Post by Zorat »

mike admin wrote:
Thanks Mike, I am looking. Is there something I should be searching for explicitly in that forum? Is there a detailed explanation of where and what options are available?
Zorat

Post by Zorat »

Wasabi wrote:No. That would make things far too easy. You have to futz around with "profiles". Have fun :lol:

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4385
Thanks, I will read this and see if I can make heads or tales of it.
Zorat

Post by Zorat »

mike admin wrote:
Mike I have been searching quite a bit. are you saying through the UI?

I was able to get the default Selection Rule to appear by checking Expert Mode in the General Tab, and I saw the XML link in my post...
Wasabi

Post by Wasabi »

I watch a lot of foreign movies. So I can't just "cook that up once".

Plus, with there still being no preview option in MakeMKV to decide what extra audio tracks I want and how they should be named (commentary, descriptive audio, isolated score, etc.), it actually is easier to rip everything and then remux out what I don't want. Quite a bit easier, actually.
Olivier

Post by Olivier »

I must say that, even if I use a similar config (thanks to you by the way !), it is absolutely NOT user friendly.
In fact your question was really funny and made me lol !!! May be you are not frequently facing normal end-users because this config line is Javanese for all of them, believe me. :-)

That said, I love MakeMKV but also think the Gui could be improved.
Last edited by Olivier on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Wasabi wrote:I watch a lot of foreign movies. So I can't just "cook that up once".
What do you mean? I assume that even with several foreign movies, the subtitles you include will always be the same? And 'nolang' should take care of those audio tracks, no matter what foreign language they are in.

@Olivier
I didn't say it was user-friendly ;)
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch