Copy to NAS performance?

Everything related to MakeMKV
tjsuominen

Copy to NAS performance?

Post by tjsuominen »

Edit - Changet Gb -> Mb/sec.

---

Hi!

I know for sure :) that there was / is an article here over MakeMKV forums on enhancing the copy transfer speed over lan/wlan to NAS drive (currently my speed is only 1.5 - 2 Mb/sec) on Windows but I can not find the tip (burried within some discussion chain...) anymore. And yes, I have tried :/

Any hints?

Thx.

//timo
Olivier

Re: Copy to NAS performance?

Post by Olivier »

tjsuominen wrote:Edit - Changet Gb -> Mb/sec.

---

Hi!

I know for sure :) that there was / is an article here over MakeMKV forums on enhancing the copy transfer speed over lan/wlan to NAS drive (currently my speed is only 1.5 - 2 Mb/sec) on Windows but I can not find the tip (burried within some discussion chain...) anymore. And yes, I have tried :/

Any hints?

Thx.

//timo
Strange, without any specific tuning on both MakeMKV or my NAS I got the maximum possible output (capped by my BluRay drive). So I got from 23Mb/sec to 35Mb/sec.
I'm on a old Mac and the NAS is a Synology but everything is linked in Ethernet Gigabyte.
Gadgetman!

Re: Copy to NAS performance?

Post by Gadgetman! »

Quick question; you're not using WiFi, are you?

If you're on a wired network, you shouldn't have any other limitations than the DVD/BD drive itself.
(Unless you have an ancient PC, of course. Then that may also slow it down a bit)
Mac Mini, 2005 with superdrive, 2GB RAM, 80GB SSD, Core2Duo 2.16GHz CPU...
2 x LG USB DVD-drives and 'old spiteful' an IDE-based DVD-reader from a desktop connected to the internals of an old FW-HDD.
Writes Sci-fi:
http://www.planetfurry.com/~anthony/